We had the pleasure of experiencing ICE! at the Gaylord National Resort this past weekend and we were blown away! Seeing two million pounds of colorful ice sculptures hand-carved by 35 artisans from Harbin, China is truly a fantastic experience! My kids were in awe and could hardly believe it was actually hand-carved ice because it was so perfect!
You begin this very chilly Adventure by stopping by the Parka Booth where there are sizes for everyone to wear over the coat, closed-toed shoes, layers, mittens, and hat you are hopefully already wearing. It is a frigid 9 degrees in the tent and you will be grateful for your borrowed parka!
We strolled through the magnificent ice sculptures depicting this year’s theme: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. The lines from this holiday classic are carved into the ice to read along the way.
Our favorite part was the four slides made completely of ice. The experience of sliding down the ice was awesome, and it was visually stunning! My kids and I spent a solid 20 minutes going down the slides and none of us wanted to leave!
We definitely took our time strolling through the breathtaking exhibit and it took us about 40 minutes to get all the way through, including our time spent on the slides. This is such a unique event, I would highly recommend visiting with your family! Tickets can be purchased here, and you can save $4/ ticket using the promo code Social17 valid on Value Days.
But the fun did not stop with ICE! Check out our review of all the other breath taking Holiday festivities The Gaylord National Resort has to offer here.
Know before you go:
- It’s COLD! don’t forget layers, mittens, hats, etc.
- You can park at The Gaylord (just follow the signs) or at a near by parking garage. If you park at the hotel, validate your parking ticket at the ICE! desk to bring parking down to $15.
- Food and drink available for purchase in the atrium, ranging from Starbucks to fancy restaurants
- Clean bathrooms located throughout
- Stroller parking outside the ICE! tent
- Get there early to beat the crowds!