Forget what you think you know about art museums. Artechouse is Washington, D.C.’s first interactive digital art gallery with a first-of-its-kind innovative art space dedicated to showcasing experiential and immersive large scale installations by artists who are forerunners of the new age in arts and technology. Bringing art, science, technology and creativity together, Artechouse creates an immersive, sensory art experience that really is a digital playground for all ages. Each installation is a unique one-of-a-kind experience.Experience one of the area’s greatest traditions in a new light with Cherry Blossom Dream, currently running through May 6th. The main gallery envelops you in floating blossoms and swimming koi while waves of color dance across the walls mirroring movements in the room. There are benches and bean bags for relaxing (or climbing for any toddlers in attendance). Feed the fish at the 3-D interactive sculpture ‘Koi Pie’ or light up ‘Lantern Alley’ as you make your way to ‘Bloom’. ‘Bloom’ allows users to expose hidden spring animations with a wave of a hand. The white paper swipes into twirling blossoms or fluttering butterflies
There is an interactive app that enhances the experience with Augmented Reality (AR). Any of the Artechouse logos will scan and reveal a cherry blossom animation. The AR Bar opens at 11am and serves up AR cocktails.
Know Before You Go:
- Exhibits are not stroller friendly, but there is a coat room or lobby for stroller parking.
- No outside food or drink are allowed in the museum so get your snacks in before.
- Admission is timed so get your tickets in advance so you won’t be waiting around.
- Kids of all ages will love the interactive exhibits (Even our 2 year old enjoyed the interactive components!)
- Allow 45 minutes to an hour for the experience.
- Convenient parking on street or garage next door.