Heading to an exhibit at the Artechouse is not a visit to a traditional art museum, but an overall experience that you should check out! Our friends at Artechouse invited us to check out the New Nature exhibit this weekend and we were impressed! The New Nature exhibit, by Marpi, is an interactive art exhibit of nature inspired creatures and plants. The inspired images react in real-time to people’s gestures and actions! The use of art, science and technology keeps people of all ages engaged by the beauty and creativity.
The main gallery encompasses you in a floating creature with waves of color and relaxing movements. All exhibit goers can get into the fun by watching how their movements interact with the creature. People can also download the New Nature app and “feed” the creature. The “food focused” creature’s movements increase as people feed it! There are benches and bean bags for relaxing and taking in all of the views. There are also interactive displays of other nature inspired images that move and react by a wave of your hand. One can get truly transfixed by the images and all of the responsive technology!
The New Nature exhibit is on display at the Artechouse until January 13th!
Know Before You Go:
- Exhibits are not stroller friendly, but there is a coat room or lobby for stroller parking.
- No outside food or drink are allowed in the museum so get your snacks in before.
- Admission is timed so get your tickets in advance so you won’t be waiting around, especially if you plan to go on a weekend!
- Group rates available for parties of 10 or more.
- Kids of all ages will love the interactive exhibits (the younger adventurers may need a little help on some of the interactive components!)
- Artechouse recommends allowing 45-60 minutes to fully experience New Nature. We stayed a little over an hour!
- For adventurer parents looking for a night out, a cocktail bar is open for evening admissions (21+).
- Convenient parking on street or garage next door.
ARTECHOUSE – DC
1238 Maryland Ave SW
Washington, DC 20024