Stop. Drop. And Play! These days, indoor play spaces are in almost every town across the country. But not all indoor play is created equally. Indoor play is often associated with gross motor development (think trampoline parks and gyms), but indoor play can also support fine motor skills, social-emotional development and so much more. The indoor play at the Stop Drop and Play Children’s Museum offers these educational and interactive play experiences for children from birth through elementary school. The Stop Drop and Play Children’s Museum is a non-profit that also provides support for parents. Parents can come to socialize and connect or find information and contacts on the local services available for children. One example of this play and support is the community play group that meets Tuesday Mornings run by the Montgomery County Infants and Toddlers Program (MCITP). There is a story time, craft activity and play time. This is a very popular activity and they reach maximum capacity early and often on Tuesdays so plan ahead!
Know Before You Play:
- Food Free Environment. Water and coffee are allowed. You may step out for a lunch or snack and return.
- Many visitors spend 2-4 hours.
- Theme changes weekly and exhibit areas are updated to keep the Museum fun and exciting!
- 2 bathrooms with changing table. They offer bags for dirty diapers and changing table pads.
- Designated play areas for non-walkers.
- Exhibits include: sensory bins, trains, reading activity area, dress-up, legos, build your own marble run, art, dramatic play (like post office, cafe, doctor, market & house).
- **Winter Weather Advisory** The Stop Drop and Play Children’s Museum follows the MCPS schedule for weather closings and delays. Updates can be found on their Facebook page.
$5/child (adults free)
Monday through Thursday: 10 am until 3 pm
Friday and Saturday: 10 am until 6 pm
- Unlimited play during Open Play time for 12 months
- “Bring a Friend” invitation for each registered child during birth month
- Discount on private rentals
Stop Drop and Party! Stop Drop and Play Children’s Museum offers fun, easy, and affordable private facility rentals. Email Info@StopDropAndPlayChildrensMuseum.org for details and availability!