This post includes affiliate links or sponsored content. Read our full Disclosure here.
Spending a summer afternoon at Monster Jam at the Hagerstown Speedway was on my boy’s bucket list and the show did not disappoint! We started the day off seeing the drivers with their monster trucks up close at the Pit. Being so close to the trucks, one really appreciates the size and design of each vehicle. I think my boys were so mesmerized by the size of the trucks that they were a little intimidated to meet the drivers.
Prior to the monster trucks starting, there was a street warrior competition. Seeing the street cars go over the course was a great warm up to the grand event and allowed the littles some insight on what they were going to see with the louder, bigger Monster trucks.
Every child’s (and most adults) eyes grew extra wide when the Monster trucks came out ready to begin their competition. There were 6 different monster trucks competing and the level of skill they brought to the Speedway was impressive. For a person that is happy to parallel park without help from a passenger, these drivers made speeding through the course, jumping over obstacles and keeping the car standing on 2 tires look so easy!
The show lasted a little over two hours with a short intermission. The audience not only got to watch the Monster trucks compete but could also vote for their favorite truck throughout the show which made the competition all the more fun! We stayed until the end and my kids never took their eyes away from the show! They spent the entire ride home talking about which trucks won and which one was their favorite! A summer memory that they will not soon forget! For Monster Jam tickets and info visit monsterjam.com.
Things to know before you go:
· The show is loud so bring ear protection, especially for the littles! Truck themed headphones are available for sale at the Speedway, if needed. I recommend ear protection for adults as well as my ears hurt for a bit after the show.
· Concessions and souvenirs are sold at the Speedway. We were able to bring water in with us.
· For daytime shows held at the Speedway, the seats are in the sun, so remember to pack sunscreen!
· Parking at the Speedway is free.
· Just a caution, smoking was permitted near the bathrooms and concession areas.