Most local events & activities have been POSTPONED or CANCELED to avoid the spread of COVID-19. Please check with the organizers for details.
- This event has passed.
2020 Ice & Lights: The Winter Village at Cameron Run
November 20, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - January 3, 2021 @ 10:00 pm
There are two ticket types for Ice & Lights: General Village Admission, or General Admission and Ice Skating. Tickets are available online only and cannot be purchased at the door. All visitors must have a ticket to enter the show.
Ice & Lights will close at 7:15 PM and re-open at 7:45 PM nightly, please note the departure time associated with your ticket.
To Prepare for your Visit….
• Be sure to look at your Ticket Name for your entry time, NOT the Event Start Time. Early admission will not be available.
• All tickets must be purchased online due to decreased quantity available. Children under age 2 receive free General Admission and do not require tickets, this does NOT include ice skating.
• Skating Ticket Sales have been significantly reduced in order to provide adequate social distancing on the ice. All children under age 7 must have a paid skating chaperone on the ice with them at all times. Please be advised that spectators will be limited in the ice rink area. ONLY children under the age of 12 may have ONE chaperone in the ice rink spectator area- benches are provided for putting on and removing skates only. All Skate sessions will include FREE skate rentals.
• Skate sessions will be limited to one hour starting with your ticket time. All skaters will receive a colored sticker that signifies their skate time. At the end of the hour, the ice will be cleared, rental skates must be returned in order to complete cleaning procedures, and cleaning and resurfacing procedures will begin for the ice rink.
• Please purchase your tickets in advance for a no-touch entry option. A limited number of at the door tickets are available for sale at the park for the village only.
• Please remain in your vehicle until your ticket time or until the outside line subsides to allow you to wait safely on the sidewalk for entry. Please practice social distancing when waiting in line.
• Masks are required in all areas of Ice & Lights, including on the ice rink. Masks may be removed temporarily when eating or drinking.
• To protect the health and safety of our employees and guests, we are following Social Distancing Standards recommended by the Center for Disease Control. These standards will be strictly enforced without exception.
• In addition to social distancing, we are increasing sanitation practices to keep our guests and employees safe. We are cleaning, counters, credit card keypads, door handles, restrooms, interactive displays and other high-touch surfaces.
• Guests will not be allowed to congregate outside the entrance or throughout the show. We encourage you that if you are meeting others that you coordinate a meeting point in the parking lot and do not enter until all guests in your party arrive.
• In order to speed entry, please have your tickets pulled up on your device with your brightness maximized. If you have paper tickets, please have all scannable areas available for the ticket attendant.
• Please avoid congregating with others outside your party around the heater poles.
• Igloos are not available for the 20-21 season due to COVID-19 restrictions.
• Please be sure to use hand sanitizer after touching any photo op. Staff will be regularly disinfecting common touch points, concessions areas, and restrooms.
• Retail will be available for purchase at admissions and concessions. A retail kiosk will be available on prime nights and weekends.
• Concessions will be available nightly November 20-January 3rd. Be sure to bundle up so you can enjoy Dippin’ Dots- new this year!
OPENING HOURS AND FEES
5 – 7:15PM & 7:45 – 10PM on:
November 20, 21, 22
December 31-January 3
Village Admission $9.35 Available ONLINE ONLY
With Skating (includes 1 hour skating and skate rental) $24.00 Available ONLINE ONLY
TICKETS– For a touch free admission experience, please purchase your tickets online HERE. All tickets are ONLY available online this year due to limited quantities.
Please note: All tickets are final sale and are not refundable. Tickets may be transferred to a different date/time prior to the entry time of the ticket. The availability of tickets for another date and time is not guaranteed. To transfer a ticket to another date and/or time, customers should go to their tickets at Eventbrite.com and select the order to be changed. EDIT/TRANSFER will be to the right. Click on TRANSFER and follow the prompts to select a new date (event) and session time. This has to be done separately for each ticket. Ticket cannot be transferred after the ticket’s entry time. Transferring ticket dates and times is not available through the Eventbrite app. Watch the video for detailed instructions.
TICKET TRANSFERS- While tickets are non-refundable, you have the ability to transfer your ticket date and time prior to your ticket time if tickets are available. Watch the video for detailed instructions. This does NOT work from a phone and must be completed on a desktop computer.
WEATHER-Be advised, this is a rain or shine event. Tickets are non-refundable. Tickets are transferrable to another date prior to the event ticket time only. The ice rink may close due to unsafe weather conditions. If this occurs, you may receive a rain check for another day.
PARKING-Parking is free! Please look for guests, especially small children, walking through the parking lots. Please do not wait in line into the drive aisle. If lines are long, please wait in your vehicle until it is safe to wait in line on the sidewalks.
WINTER VILLAGE-The Winter Village admission includes admission to Ice & Lights but does NOT include ice skating or skate rentals. Visitors are encouraged to wear comfortable shoes and to dress for the weather. The Village remains open during rain and snow, and is only closed during severe weather. Strollers and wheelchairs are welcome.
ICE SKATING-Timed skating tickets are available in limited quantities as an add on to the general village admission. Skate session includes a one hour skate block and skate rentals. There are no discounts for bringing your own skates. A variety of size skates are available and are disinfected routinely. Please do not take the skates off of the padded floor or ice. This is a recreational skate rink, not intended for serious skaters.
SAFETY-Please stay on the pathways at all times. Many light displays have electrical cords and support wires so please do not walk near or around displays. Please feel free to take pictures with the displays, but refrain from touching, climbing, or hanging on any displays or cords. If you see something unsafe, please let staff know immediately.
GREAT PHOTOS-Ice & Lights offers several great photo ops- the walk thru tree , giant wreath, and beautiful design stars are great photos, along with our “skating” photo op and many new displays! Bring your camera and capture memories! Be sure to tag us and post on social media!
PETS-Only Service animals are permitted at Ice & Lights and must follow leash laws.
FOOD & BEVERAGES-Visit Slice n’ Ice for hot chocolate, coffee and cold beverages, pizza, hot dogs, and delicious donut holes. Outside food and beverages are prohibited.
HOLIDAYS-Ice & Lights is open on all holidays—that’s Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & Day, and News Eve & Day! After your big holiday meal, why not take a walk among the beautiful lights?
STAY INFORMED-Learn about special events, discounts, and severe weather closings—LIKE Ice & Lights- The Winter Village at Cameron Run on Facebook and follow us on Instagram.
BUNDLE UP!-Be sure to dress for the weather for your Ice & Lights experience.
ALWAYS SPARKLE!-Ice & Lights offers some fun retail items- light up wands and swords, flashy blinky jewelry and headbands, cuddly stuffed animals, hand warmers and gloves, and a beautiful commemorative ornament! Be sure to check out all of the great bling available for purchase at admissions, concessions, and the retail kiosk.
ICE SKATING RINK RULES
• Skating in a manner that endangers or interferes with other skater’s safety or enjoyment is strictly prohibited.
• Children under the age of seven must be accompanied by a guardian with a paid skate ticket at all times on the ice. A guardian is considered a responsible party 16 years or older with a paid skating ticket.
• The rink is subject to capacity limits. NOVA Parks reserves the right to delay entrance to the rink at anytime.
• NOVA Parks reserves the right to interrupt skating for resurfacing, cleaning, special events, or any purposes deemed necessary by Event Management.
• No guests are admitted on the ice without skates. Socks must be worn at all times while using rental skates.
• While wearing skates off the ice please stay on the rubber matting area only.
• All guests must exit the rink while resurfacing is in progress. Guests may re-enter at the direction of the Skate Rink Supervisor.
• Pass or overtake carefully. Horseplay, excessive speeding, skating against the crowd, or weaving through other skaters is prohibited.
• Skaters are not allowed to carry children or secondary items such as cameras, handbags, or strollers while on the ice.
• Please do not sit, climb, or jump on the rink boards.
• Kicking, digging holes, scraping, or stomping the ice with your blades and kicking the railings are prohibited. Any skater engaging in this behavior will be asked to leave the rink immediately.
• Food is not permitted near the rail. No food or beverages allowed on the ice.
• All skaters must listen to the instruction of the skate guards and rink staff.
• Exit must be kept clear at all times. Please use caution when entering and exiting the rink.
• Please return skates to the rental shed after use.
• NOVA Parks is not responsible for any stolen or lost items. Please lock your items up!
NOVA Parks has a trio of winter special events: Meadowlark’s Winter Walk of Lights is a beautiful walk through winter light show, Bull Run Festival of Lights is a fantastic drive through light show, and we are so proud to add Ice & Lights to our portfolio! Be sure to visit all 3!