- This event has passed.
December 1 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
One event on December 1, 2019 at 4:00pm
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Christmas
Featuring Eric Carle’s “Dream Snow”
Sunday, December 1 at 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.
The magic of Christmas snow falls over the Center for the Arts with everyone’s favorite caterpillar, the Very Hungry Caterpillar. This brightly colored friend along with other beloved Eric Carle characters delights in an irresistible holiday treat inspired by storybook classics including Dream Snow; 10 Little Rubber Ducks; Brown Bear Brown Bear, What do you See?; and, of course, The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Featuring more than 75 puppets, Carle’s vibrant style, and original music, the production tells the story of a farmer on Christmas Eve who wonders how Christmas will arrive without snow. Don’t miss your chance to see this enchanting show nominated for the Off-Broadway Alliance Award for Best Family Show and hailed by Time Out New York as “Five stars. Beautiful, rhythmic, and faithful to the author’s work.”
Recommended for ages 2 to 7
$15 adults; $10 children
- “This gentle production, accompanied by music, is colorful and inventive. The puppetry is wonderful, and the sweetness with which the stories unfold, make it a perfect theatrical introduction for toddlers . . . . The Very Hungry Caterpillar is artistic, surprising and fun.” – Huffington Post, Stage Door
- “. . . colorful, vivid and beautiful puppets that look exactly like characters from the stories that bring these beloved stories to life in a meaningful and mesmerizing way. Perfect for a first-time or younger theater goer as they watched the magic of Eric Carle come to life.” – Weekend Jaunts
- “Toddlers will absolutely delight in seeing the puppets and school-aged children will appreciate seeing their beloved classic books through a new medium.” – The Mama Maven
- “Bedazzling! Will mesmerize audiences!” – The New York Times
- “Refreshing, clever and a great time. Brings the work of Eric Carle to life!” – NY Theatre Guide