Most local events & activities have been POSTPONED or CANCELED to avoid the spread of COVID-19. Please check with the organizers for details.
- This event has passed.
NATIONAL CHERRY BLOSSOM FESTIVAL PARADE
April 14, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
One of DC’s largest spectator events, the energy-filled National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade® presented by Events DC runs for 10 blocks along iconic Constitution Avenue. Giant colorful helium balloons, elaborate floats, marching bands from across the country, celebrity entertainers, and performers burst down the Parade route in a grand spectacle of music and showmanship seen only once a year during the Festival. From the National Archives to the Washington Monument, spectators are wow-ed by the pageantry and excitement that is the nation’s premier springtime parade.
Last year’s celebrity talent included:
- 98 Degrees member and “Dancing with the Stars” winner Drew Lachey
- Grammy nominated country singer Jo Dee Messina
- DC-Native and chart-topping rapper DJ Kool
- Breakout star from the most recent season of “America’s Got Talent” Brian Justin Crum
- R&B singer/songwriter Blu Cantrell
- Vocalist Mari
- Glee star Alex Newell
- Ultra Naté
- Miss America Saavy Shields
- And special appearances by Dancing with the Stars’ Carrie Ann Inaba and Good Morning America’s Rob Marciano