Most local events & activities have been POSTPONED or CANCELED to avoid the spread of COVID-19. Please check with the organizers for details.
- This event has passed.
Safety Week at Blue Mountain Resort
An event every day that begins at 12:00 am, repeating until January 12, 2020
An event every week that begins at 12:00 am on Sunday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until January 19, 2020
Blue Mountain Resort is kicking off January promoting safety on the slopes! We will be highlighting aspects of the Skiers Safety Responsibly Code through promotions and interactions with our Ski Patrollers. The push of Safety Week is to create awareness that there are elements of risk in skiing that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce. This week of safety activities and education is part of Blue Mountain’s participation in the National Ski Area Associations efforts to educate skiers and snowboarders about being safe on the slopes.
January 6th – 12th & 17th – 19th guests can participate in the following Safety Week Programs:
- Chair Lift Simulator: Practice safe chair lift loading, riding, and unloading on our moving Safety Chair Simulator.
- Bars for Bars: To promote keeping the safety bar down while riding the lift, Ski Patrol will be handing out candy bars to guests spotted riding our chair lifts safely.
- Scavenger Hunt: School Groups are encouraged to participate in our mountain wide scavenger hunt. Anyone who completes the scavenger hunt by collecting hole punches from ski patrol will receive a free lift ticket.
- Safety Video Contest: Guests can create and submit a safety video highlighting a safety aspect of the Skiers Responsibly Code. The winner of the contest will be selected on Blue Mountain’s Facebook page. Winners will receive a free lift ticket and $25 gift card.
- Retail Discounts: Shoppers will receive 10% off protective gear in our True Blue Mountain Sports Shop.