Most local events & activities have been POSTPONED or CANCELED to avoid the spread of COVID-19. Please check with the organizers for details.
- This event has passed.
Socially Distanced Fall Wine Festival & Sunset Tour
October 11, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Enjoy live tunes and spectacular views of the Potomac River at the Fall Wine Festival & Sunset Tour while you taste samples from 16 Virginia wineries at George Washington’s estate.
The Mansion will be closed during this event, and the following safety measures will be in place:
– Social Distancing: We ask guests to maintain 6-feet of social distancing.
– Facial Coverings: All guests, wineries and staff will be required to wear facial coverings both indoors and outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained.
– Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer stations are located around the estate.
– Enhanced Cleaning: Mount Vernon’s staff will provide regular enhanced cleaning in high touch areas throughout the day.
– Tenting: This year’s event features two tents instead of one to allow for social distancing. The tents will be open sided, weather permitting.
– Tasting Tents: Wineries will be given ample space and tasting set ups will be arranged to discouraged crowding.
– Tasting Process: Guests will request tastings and move outdoors or out of line to taste. Guests are encouraged to purchase bottles and enjoy tasting on the lawn.
– VIP Tables: VIP tables will be located on the East Lawn. Servers will wear face coverings.