Most local events & activities have been POSTPONED or CANCELED to avoid the spread of COVID-19. Please check with the organizers for details.
Trick-or-Treating at Mount Vernon
October 31 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Celebrate Halloween with 18th-century entertainment and activities! Guests receive a take-home craft and a bag of candy.
– Watch Halloween-themed Punch & Judy shows (Bowling Green)
– See 18th-century chocolate-making demonstrations (Bowling Green)
– Enjoy musical entertainment
– Take photos at a straw bale selfie station (Bowling Green)
– Receive a Halloween to-go craft (Upper Garden)
– Upon exit of the estate receive a bag of candy
This year’s Halloween event will not include trick-or-treating in the historic area.
This event takes place rain or shine.
– Social Distancing: We ask guests to maintain 6-feet of social distancing. Signage is placed throughout the estate to remind guests.
– Facial Coverings: All guests and staff will be required to wear facial coverings both indoors and outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained. Costumes with masks are encouraged!
– Hand Sanitizer: We have installed hand sanitizer stations around the estate as well as signage promoting proper hygiene.