This post includes affiliate links or sponsored content. Read our full Disclosure here.
The arrival of Fall brings cooler temperatures, football, pretty foliage, and lots of fall festivals! One of our “must do” festivals is the Gaver Farm Fall Fun Festival in Mount Airy, Maryland! From the beautiful countryside to the large slides and cider doughnuts, Gavers has all the makings of the perfect festival.
There is no shortage of fall activities (all included in the admission price) at the Fall Fun Festival with activities for all ages! There are several corn mazes – one for each skill level! For those willing to try the advanced corn maze, be sure to take a picture of the maze located at the entrance or use their interactive map! If it weren’t for my husband and 7 year old daughter, I may still be wandering around the maze!
The Fall Fun Festival is great for any and all slide enthusiasts! I brought three little enthusiasts, ages from 4 to 7 years old, and the slides were high on the lists of favorites! There are 4 different slides, including one covered slide known as the silo chute, and three open slides. We saw children and adults of all ages enjoying the slides. Parents can go down with the youngest littles that may not be ready to slide down alone. The silo chute is a little tight for adults!
No trip would be complete without visiting the animals on the farm! There are many goats, donkeys, pigs, rabbits, and others to see! Upon entering the farm, there is animal feed available for purchase.
New to the Fall Fun Festival this year are 2 jumping pillows, new pedal karts, and country cruisers. The jumping pillows are designated by height, which is a great benefit for some of the smaller festival goers! The country cruisers are 4 person cruisers that allow 2 adults (or older children based on height) in the back (to pedal and steer) and two seats up front for little navigators.
There are so many more activities to do at the Fall Fun Festival, including the cow train, ball tosses, corn bins, a corn elevator (watch for flying kernels), rubber ducky races, log house construction and so much more! Don’t miss a chance to take a wagon ride out to the farm and pick your own pumpkins! (pumpkin pricing and hayride schedule) We stayed for 6 hours and my children could have stayed a few more!
Things to know before you go:
- All of the available fall activities are included in admission ($13.50 on weekends and $9 on weekdays for all farm visitors 3 and up)
- The pedal karts, cow train, and country cruisers are only available on the weekends.
- There is food available for purchase. (The cider donuts are recommended :)) Outside food was also allowed in at the Farm.
- Ample parking available for free
- Animal feed is available for sale ($2.50 a cup)
- Restroom facilities at the Farm are limited to porta potties
- Apple orchard is also open for apple picking during the weekend. More information here!
- Fall weather has been a bit unpredictable, so check ahead to ensure Farm is open!
Featured image: http://gaverfarm.com/event/2653/2018-10-08/
Leave a Reply