This post includes affiliate links or sponsored content. Read our full Disclosure here.
Monster Jam Triple Threat was in DC this weekend. Families, adorned with ear protection, raced from across the DC area to enjoy a roaring good time! Capital One Arena was transformed. The seats were packed, the dirt was flying and the crowd was roaring along with the engines.
I was initially surprised by how much my kids loved Monster Jam because they are young and it’s loud. But, we all love it! We have been invited to several shows and they are always entertaining. The kids love how the trucks take on their own personalities as they roar and soar through Capital One Arena.
Naturally, my girls always cheer for the female drivers. We are always thrilled to see female drivers. It didn’t hurt that Kayla Blood was driving for Soldier Fortune also has purple hair.
The stunts and tricks resulted in accidents which are a great opportunity to remind your little ones that everyone makes mistakes and gets hurt, but it’s important to get back up!
Monster Jam Triple Threat competitions are comprised of 6 events:
- Timed Races through an obstacle course showcasing the driver’s ability and the truck’s agility.
- The Two-Wheel Skills Challenge for drivers to perform stunts that bring at least two wheels into the air.
- Performing Donuts requires the drivers to rotate the truck as many times and as quickly as possible.
- ATV Races along a prescribed course.
- Speedster Races along a prescribed course.
- Freestyle driving allowing the drivers to show off all their best tricks and stunts.
The crowd gets to be the judges for several events with the online scoring at judgezone.com. The judging criteria are announced before each judged event. We loved the interactive component of participating in the scoring process. The winner of each event is awarded points and the driver with the most points is the Event Champion.
The competition is just getting started though. Monster Jam World Finals XX will be May 2-3, 2020 at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida!
Don’t worry if you missed all the Monster fun this weekend because Monster Jam is returning to the area with shows in Baltimore February 28 – March 1, 2020 at Royal Farms Arena.
Monster Jam returns to Washington DC for a high-octane weekend featuring the ultimate mix of high-flying action and four-wheel excitement at FedExField on June 6, 2020.
This will be the first time that Monster Jam will perform outdoors in greater Washington, DC, and will transform the Redskins home into a dirt-filled destination. Tickets go on sale Tuesday, February 4th at www.ticketmaster.com.
- Get there early because it is a very popular event and the lines to get in the arena will be long!
- Monster Jam is a fun family activity, but not suitable for everyone. The loud engines, exhaust smell and flashing lights are not an ideal environment for some.
- The noise at any Monster Jam event can reach decibels that can cause temporary hearing loss so we alway bring our own ear protection. Monster Jam Tire novelty ear protection and disposable ear plugs are sold while supplies last at each event.
- Vendors selling snacks up and down the aisles are cash only.
- Plan ahead for food because the lines get long and the choices aren’t very healthy. (You can get a free refill on your popcorn if you’re looking for a budget friendly snack)
- Get up close to some of the Trucks and Drivers on the venue floor with the Pit Party. If your child is a huge Monster Jam fan it is worth it to get so close to the drivers and trucks.
- There is street parking around Capital One arena that is limited to 2 or 3 hours depending on day and time, but there are plenty of garages within walking distance.
I am a Feld Family Ambassador, and in exchange for my time and efforts in attending shows and reporting my opinion within this blog, as well as keeping you advised of the latest discount offers, Feld Entertainment has provided me with complimentary tickets to Feld shows and opportunities to attend private Feld pre-Show events. Even though I receive these benefits, I always give an opinion that is 100% mine.