This post includes affiliate links or sponsored content. Read our full Disclosure here.
Fun, physical adventure awaits at NinjaBe in Laurel, Maryland! My family loves to watch ‘American Ninja Warrior’ together and last week we finally got to experience obstacle courses just like the ones on the show.
Finally, we were able to settle the longstanding debate of who would be the ultimate gladiator! Newsflash: it was not me, contrary to the smack talk I was serving on the way there.
NinjaBe is an indoor activity space that features several obstacle courses with varying levels of difficulty. All the kids (ages 5-9) really enjoyed the ‘easy’ course, racing each other over and over again. The moms had fun attempting to make it across as well!
We checked out the more difficult course and had fun watching others attempting to conquer it, but none of the kids were big enough to try and my lack of upper body strength made it a no-go for me as well.
NinjaBe offers more than just ninja warrior courses. There is a rock climbing wall (all of our kids were thrilled to be able to reach the top), a mechanical bull, and a trampoline court that we all had fun bouncing and playing dodge ball on.
There is a small area with tumbling mats and foam obstacle shapes for kids too small to participate in the other activities (under 42 inches and/or under 40 pounds), but we opted to leave the youngest members of our adventure crew at home as the area isn’t enclosed, so letting them play there would require constant supervision.
We were excited to experience NinjaBe as all of our kids love jumping, running, and climbing, and we knew this indoor playground would be a great way to let them burn off energy. We were happy to watch them take risks in a safe environment and see their self-confidence grow as they completed tasks they first deemed “too hard”.
NinjaBe offers camps, classes, team-building events, school’s out programs, and birthday parties in addition to the ‘Open Gym’ time we participated in. To purchase tickets click here.
Do you have what it takes to compete as a Ninja Warrior?
Find out more about the UNAA Regionals Qualifier at NinjaBe. Spectators are also welcome!
Know Before You Go:
- Participation at NinjaBE are not restricted by age. NinjaBE Guests that just barely meet a height minimum of 42 inches (preferably 48 inches) and a weight minimum of 40lbs, and have good fitness capability should be able to attempt, and possible complete a majority of the FitGames in the Center.
- Reserve your date and time for 60 minutes ($19.99), 90 minutes ($24.99), or 120 minutes ($29.99) Open Gym tickets. Waivers can be completed online or the in-house kiosks at NinjaBE.
- NinjaBE safety socks (ASTM recommended for 3 FitGames) are required
- NinjaBE delivers 10 FitGamea, 2 of which are truss-based Ninja Warrior Obstacle Courses with 15-20 elements.
- The Sasuke course is the most advanced course & it is estimated that a Guest Ninja at 42-48 inches (and good fitness rating) will be able to complete 5 of the 15-20 elements on the course.
- The Shinobi Zone contains beginner to intermediate course and Guests that are 42-48 inches should be able to attempt/complete 10 out of 15 of the elements. As for the remaining 8 FitGames at NinjaBE, Guests that are 42-48 inches and 40lbs or more, are able to attempt/complete each FitGame.
9301 Snowden River Parkway
Columbia, MD 21046