While we all want to do our part to flatten the curve and practice social distancing, it is a huge financial burden for many families to stock up and stay put for an extended period of time.
Expensify.org will reimburse families on SNAP benefits to purchase additional essential goods.
The details are on expensify.org, but basically you need your receipt and can get up to $50 back. I know that is not enough to stock up for a family, but every little bit helps during all this uncharted territory.
Please share this information with anyone who may benefit.
How to get reimbursed for your groceries from expensify.org:
To ensure that you’re reimbursed, please follow the instructions below while complying with the campaign activity guidelines provided above.
- Purchase groceries using your SNAP (EBT) card and save the receipt!
- Download Expensify on iOS or Android
- Join the Expensify.org/Hunger policy by clicking here.
- Make sure your Expensify account details are complete, including having your first and last name listed on your account
- Use SmartScan in the app to take a picture of the receipt — this will confirm that it was paid for with a SNAP (EBT) card
- Make sure that your SmartScanned expense contains the following details:
- Merchant name = “Merchant name”
- Total = $50
- Category = Volunteer Reimbursement
- Class = Expensify.org/hunger
- Description = “Purchase with SNAP card”
- Receipt image = Image of the receipt with a clearly legible total of SNAP benefits used.
- Submit your expense to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Set up a bank account in Expensify to receive the reimbursed funds
- We will try to reimburse you as soon as we can, up to $50 per family, as soon as the next day.