Enchant Christmas DC transformed Nationals Park into a winter wonderland with the World’s Largest Christmas Light Maze, a locally curated Christmas Market, pictures with Santa, ice skating, carolers and more!
We love finding new holiday traditions that focus on time together as a family. The 80 foot christmas tree is the focal point of the light maze. The light maze also incorporates a fun activity called The Great Search. As an Enchant Christmas Ambassador, they sent me a copy of the book along with some other swag. I recommend reading the book before the maze if you have a chance because it makes the experience that much more fun for kids. At the entrance you receive a reindeer scratch off card. As you get lost in the maze you will find reindeer along the way with special scratch off stations. Once you find all the reindeer you head to the maze exit to turn in your card for a chocolate gold coin. The card also doubles as a letter to Santa asking for something special this Christmas. Anything that creates an interactive experience for families is a plus in my book.
There are also a ton of grammable photo opportunities. If you don’t want to wait in line for the big tree or ornaments, don’t despair. The lights everywhere make finding photo ops easy. I LOVE that Enchant Christmas DC offers fun under the stars and also under cover.
With winter weather as unpredictable as kids moods, having the flexibility to go from the cold to place to warm up is great. There are no real indoor places, but the cover of the stadium concourse provides enough shelter to fuel up and regroup when necessary. Between the maze, skating and market Enchant Christmas DC offers an experience that is fun for all ages.
Tips for maximizing Enchant Christmas DC fun:
- Book the earliest tickets you can for the day. Your ticket time is the earliest you can arrive and since everyone can stay as long as they want its more crowded the later it gets. Weeknights and early evening (4:30 pm) tickets are the best bet for families. It’s open till 11:30 pm so it’s also a great option for a date night or girls night. (*Bonus* tickets are only $19.99 after 9:30pm!)
- Save 10% on General Admission tickets through December 14, 2019 with the code: VISITDC
- Kids up to the age of 3 are free! Child Tickets for ages 4-13 start at $14.99, Youth Tickets for ages 14-17 start at $16.99, Adult Tickets for ages 18-64 start at $19.99, and Senior Tickets for over 65 start at $16.99. Save 20% with the Family 4-pack or 10% with the Military/Emergency Services/Students discounts.
- No backpacks! Make sure you pack light because they don’t allow backpacks of any kind. They also won’t allow any bags larger than 16” x 16” x 8”.
- Strollers are allowed in the event, but not in the maze so plan accordingly. A baby carrier is perfect for this event.
- Reusable water bottles are not allowed through security so make sure you leave them at home. The only exceptions are for clear, factory-sealed or empty plastic water bottles no larger than one litre, juice boxes, insulin containers and baby food). Only one sealed water bottle per person will be permitted.
- Holiday-themed food and drinks are for sale throughout the Concourse and a special bar experience on the field in the maze. The food is basically stadium food with a holiday twist so plan accordingly. There are several adult beverages made with the local Founding Spirits including the Light Bulb Cocktail, Spiked Hot Chocolate and Spiked Mulled Cider. The Light Bulb Cocktail has a distinct honey flavor so not all of the Adventure Parents liked it.
- Bathrooms are found on the concourse as well as porta potties by the Ice-Skating Trail.
- The Christmas Light Maze and “The Great Search” takes a while. If you are budgeting time for kids schedules or weather this is a great place to start. The maze takes about 45 mins to an hour depending on how many stops you make. There are no strollers allowed so smaller legs may take more time.
- The magical Ice-Skating Trail next to the maze is adorned with spectacular light displays making it great for pictures. You can rent a pair of skates at the event for $5 for Children/Youth (age 1-17) and $10 for Adults (age 18+). Skates are available in sizes ranging from Junior size 8 to a Men’s Size 15. You may bring your own skates (with skate guards) with you and skate for free. There are railings to hold along the trail, but no skate assists for kids still learning to skate.
- The Christmas Market has some seasonal delights if you are looking for a snack and holiday gifts from dozens of local vendors showcasing home decor, jewelry, gourmet foods, and more. The Market is a great way to keep kids entertained while someone waits in the line to take pictures with Santa.
- Visit with Santa and take photos with him in his workshop. You can take your own pictures for free or purchase a package through the professional photographer onsite. Stop by story time with Mrs. Claus for a nice break.
- Don’t miss the Kid Zone on the concourse next to Mrs. Claus. There are some mats and foam blocks perfect for toddlers to take a break.
- With big crowds at night safety for kids key. There are security and employees around to help in the event you get separated. It’s also a good idea to pick a meeting place, like the huge Christmas tree, if your kids are old enough to do that.
- If you are planning to go with a large group as holiday party or special event, reserve a Private Suite or Club Space. An exclusive room for a holiday party or special event offers full service catering and private area to visit.
- Parking is available at the GEICO Garage when you book online, or you can park in the Yards lot on the corner of Nst SE and 1st ST SE. Metro and ride sharing are also great options.
Enchant Christmas is in Washington, DC at Nationals Park through December 29. Grab your tickets to see the outfield transformed into a twinkling maze of stunning light displays. For ticket information visit EnchantChristmas.com